April 16, 2009

Seriously, group work... i need to think again

They finally left!!! And I'm crying... Stupid people would never shut up. They wanted an 1 hr and 45 minuted lunch break. Ok, I give it to them. And then, they blame me. They blame me that they were sitting on the dining table doing nothing. Ok, then we go back downstairs to continue working on it. Two hours later, and with barely anything done, one says "Cheesecake time." So, they all head up and spend another 1 hr there. I was typing my last post and part of my essay, so I go back downstairs to clean up as a signal to tell them "Hello, it's time to finish." Half an hour later, they go back downstairs to finish.

The first and second day, everything worked out fine. The third... I was getting furious. The fourth was hatred. Today, I don't even hate them... I am sick of them. It's the sooner they leave, the better off I am. By the way, they just left, so they're probably talking about me right this second.

I now have mixed feelings for architecture. Do I want to continue this as my future? Or should I find something else that I would rather prefer? At the beginning of the year, I thought I chose the wrong major. It was staying up all night trying to finish the technical stuff. Then, everything turned out ok. Although I hated staying up late, I knew it was worth it. I knew I would need the stuff later in life.

Then, the second term came, and I had to work with a partner to fully develop a building. We would start with the demolition to the complete model of the building. So, I picked this girl that I've known since freshmen year. At first, we progressed fine. She did the manual stuff and I did the AutoCAD (computer) drawings. But then, the Cad stuff started to pile, and I gave her some to be responsible for. We were still fine, although it meant staying up late on Thursday nights. So last Tuesday, we had to hand in the model pics of the walls. She came over on Friday before to do it. But, we accomplished nothing. So, I spent the whole Monday night cutting foamboard to hand in the model pics on Tuesday. I also had two tests on Tuesday, and I still managed to finish the walls, although they were messy.

So, I gave her the "silent treatment" on Tuesday and Wednesday. I wanted to sit and have a talk with her. But, unfortunately, we did not get a chance. So, instead of calling her, I sent her an email when I got home. She told me that we should still work together as a group. She told me that. I gave her the other option to choose from: breaking off and telling the teacher when we get back. But, she said no.

But, today, she told the other three members that she wanted to work with another person, and I, yeah, I grabbed her to work with her. Hello, did she know that our teacher told that person to work with another girl from our class? God, I am sick and tired of all this. This vacation has been my far worst. I hope all my other vacations will be relaxing and happy instead of this one.

This week was no vacation. It was worse than going to school. They came at 10 and left at 7. And, I didn't get to do any other hw but architecture. Whoever said "Group work means the suffering of one" was a genius. We are all suffering from group work.

Labels:

Posted by love_of_tvb (BERMO and BOSCOLIE) @ 4/16/2009 07:18:00 PM

Who

Apparently, they love playing games with the reporters. They will answer to anything, except the fact that they are together.

What

It's funny how they keep on lying in denying. It's obvious!

Why

In public, they literally "flirt" with each other, but in real life, only they will know.

SPECIAL POSTS

WONDERFUL MUSIC

WONDERFUL MUSIC


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones