August 2, 2009

THE TRANSLATED ARTICLE...












The 57th Saying: Bosco Wong Cracking Myolie Wu (translated by love_of_tvb)

In this interview, the guest has been in the industry for over ten year, and once obtained the “Best Male Newcomer Award”. Last year, he even started his music career. He is one of TVB’s male artist, Bosco Wong Chun Chak. In this interview, he will explain how he does not have much singer friends, his friendship with Lisa Wang Ming Chuien, as well as his love relationship with Myolie Wu Hung Yee.

Picture of Bosco, Liza, and Myolie: Liza really likes Bosco. They cooperated two series of “War of the In-Laws”. Liza always compliments Bosco. Outside from working, Bosco and Myolie eat together with Liza and Law Kar Ying. The two pairs are like a perfect family of four.

Picture of Bosco and Myolie: Although Bosco and Myolie have been dating for almost five years, they have to act as “just friends” due to certain rules of the company. Bosco says “I’m not dishonest. It’s just that I don’t say it!” It’s really a secret.

B: Bosco M: Mak Ling Ling

THE OLDEST NEWCOMER

M: Do you enjoy being a singer?
B: If you ask me if I enjoy singing or dancing more, I would answer dancing. That’s why I like to sing fast paced songs. To this point, I still feel that I am a newcomer in the music industry.
M: Many singers have different habits when they are recording. Do you have any?
B: When I record [songs], all lights must be off and curtains must be down. I try my best not to see any people.
M: What about fast paced songs?
B: It’s the same. I would relax myself as I would be in a sauna. I feel that when I am showering, I sing pretty well because I am so relaxed.
M: From an actor to a singer, do you feel awkward? Do you have a hard time cooperating with other singers?
B: My God! I’m twenty something; I can’t care about that many things. Others are in their teens or early twenties. I’m almost 30! So, I was the oldest to get the newcomer award last year.
M: Are any of the newcomers your friend?
B: Actually, it’s pretty sad. In the industry, it’s pretty hard to find friends. After all, everybody is busy with their own work. If you ask me if I am friends with Kevin Cheng Ka Wing, I will say we are. If you ask if I’m friends with Raymond Lam Fung, I will answer yes. But, we will not meet together outside of work. Even if we are filming the same series, we don’t really keep in contact once the filming has ended. We will focus on the new series. Therefore, it’s hard to say that we are best friends.
M: You can contact them by the telephone!
B: A man barely talks on the phone. And, I don’t like talking on the phone. I want to hang up even from saying another two lines. I’m weird.
M: Then how do you get girls? Girls like talking on the phone.
B: When I was younger, there was a time when I liked to talk on the phone, but in the past five years, I no longer liked to talk on the phone.
M: But, you’re good with girls. I know you always chat with Jun Jie (Catherine Tsang) and you guys chat very happily.
B: No, we are just friends who can talk together.
M: What about Virginia Lok? Stephen Chan? Do you eat dinner with them?
B: I don’t really eat out with TVB executives. If I do, it’s with a whole group of other artists. Ninety percent of the time, I don’t eat out with them. Everyone knows my personality.

NOT AFRAID OF LIZA WANG

M: Who are you most friends with in the entertainment industry?
B: It’s weird. All of them are older than me. There’s Michael Miu Kiu Wai, John Chiang Dai Wai, and then Power Chan Kok Boan.
M: What about Ron Ng Chuk Hei, Raymond Lam Fung and the others?
B: We talk, but I often eat out with Michael Miu Kiu Wai.
M: They’re all guys. What about girls? Let’s not count Myolie Wu Hung Yee, because she’s not considered as a regular friend.
B: Haha. I don’t really have much that I’m really close with.
M: Impossible. You are so good with girls.
B: I don’t have Aimee Chan Yan Mei’s phone number even though I filmed “Burning Flame III” with her. We just talk and laugh on the set.
M: So, it’s only Myolie Wu Hung Yee?
B: Ah… Ok. You can try looking at my contact list. I don’t have much numbers of the female artists, at much Christine Ng Wing Mei and Sharon Chan Man Chi.
M: These two are so friendly. Most people are friends with them!
B: Well, I have Kate Tsui Sze Shan’s number, but I don’t contact her. We don’t communicate often.
M: Why? Myolie doesn’t let you to get to know other girls?
B: No. It’s just that I don’t have the urge to get others’ phone number.
M: Do girls ask you for your number directly?
B: If they ask, then I’ll give it to them. Haha.
M: Since you’ve been in the industry for so long, have you ever encountered any bothersome things such as annoying people who likes to change the script so often that it lags the progress of the entire series?
B: Not much.
M: Wong Hei?
B: I just think he has high standards. Sometimes I even ask him for his opinions.
M: He changes the scripts often right?
B: Well, evevyone changes their lines. It’s just for the better cause.
M: So, does he communicate with other members of the series?
B: He’s just quiet, but he does eat with others from the series.
M: Has anyone yelled at you?
B: Very little.
M: What about Liza Wang Ming Chuien?
B: No. Actually, I don’t find Ah Jie (Liza) as scary although everyone says she’s scary. I think we have to have the guts to communicate with the older artists. If it doesn’t work the first time, then try another time. I’m sure it’ll work out for one time. If not, then they’ll think you’re sneaky and not like you. I give opinions to which shirt looks better. Even it’s the shirt is ugly, I’ll say it honestly.
M: Do you go out to eat with Liza Wang Ming Chuien?
B: Yes, sometimes we even go our with Law Kar Ying.
M: And Myolie?
B: Yes, the four of us go for hot pot.

Picture of Carisa and Bosco: Although they have broken up, Bosco says they are still friends. And Carisa, a member of FREEZE, says “Sometimes when we see each other, we still greet one another. We can still be friends.”

HIS LIFE BRINGS BAD LUCK TO HIS WIFE

M: Do you club?
B: Very little. I used to, but not anymore.
M: Doesn’t Raymond Lam Fung tell you to go out?
B: They know me well. I don’t like to play those drinking games. So, even if they go, they won’t tell me to tag along. I have only been to Basement (one of TVB artists’ favorite club) for less than five times.
M: Myolie won’t let?
B: No. I just went to karaoke with Myolie last night… and a lot of other people.
M: For the past few years, you’ve became more obedient. You know you’ve had a lot of negative reports in the past, especially rumors with different artists. (Carisa Yan told reporters that he had two girlfriends at the same time and often spent women’s money.)
B: I was pretty scared back then. I hid at home and screamed. But, life has different obstacles. If life is good all the way, I wouldn’t be sitting here talking with you.
M: But, you seem to have a lot of relationships. How many times have you dated?
B: I don’t remember.
M: There’s too much to keep count?
B: I really don’t remember. I guess eight to ten relationships.
M: What about after going into the industry?
B: Three, four times.
M: Are they all in the entertainment industry?
B: Not really. (Carisa Yan and Myolie Wu)
M: What was the longest time a relationship lasted?
B: Four, five years.
M: You mean the one you currently have.
B: I don’t know. You can count.
M: That’s pretty stable.
B: When you’re young, you break up often. But, as you get older, you want to have a stable relationship.
M: Since you and Myolie are so stable, why not admit it to the public?
B: Ay, timing matters too. Master, why don’t you try to see how it works out?
M: Well, I know how TVB thinks. TVB always say it’s best not to admit it because TVB doesn’t always have to report everything to the public. If a couple breaks up, it will ruin the artists’ images. Couples can still earn money a little here and there as an onscreen couple if they don’t admit it. So, in a commercial view, it’s best not to admit the relationship.
B: Wow, Master, you are so smart.
M: When you two go on a date, where do you guys go?
B: Shopping, eating, not much.
M: Do you like to cook?
B: You guys have photographed me at her place.
M: Who cooks?
B: I cook!
M: She doesn’t know how to cook?
B: No, at that time, I promised her that I would cook. She knows how to cook. Recently, she even learned how to make bread, using an oven to bake it. It’s pretty good!
M: Do you create new surprises for your girlfriend?
B: No. When I go home, I’m a completely different person. I can stay in my room for the whole day. I’m pretty quiet.
M: Have you seen each others’ parents? Or visited them during Chinese New Year?
B: We have done both.
M: Recently, Myolie was said to have a “bland” face. Was she unhappy?
B: She seemed unhappy. I comforted her.
M: Does she seem mean when she’s not smiling?
B: She’s not mean. If you know her well, you will know she’s not mean at all.
M: Do you bring bad luck to your wife? She seemed to be doing well in the past, but this year, she’s a little weak.
B: Master, try to compute.
M: Veins appear on your forehead. Her career does depend a little one you.
B: Huh? Haha.
M: In your words, how is Myolie Wu Hang Yee?
B: She’s very hardworking and a little stubborn. She’s not pessimistic, but she really considers what others think of her.
M: Then she must be unhappy?
B: No, she’s happy.
M: If she’s not happy, what will you do to make her happy again?
B: I will tell her jokes to make her happy again.
M: Both of you are very serious in terms of character right?
B: No, she likes to play musical instruments. I’m sporty. However, it might seem to be a surprise that she’s good at games while I don’t play games.
M: Do you have any plans for marriage?
B: No. When my bank account has a seven digit amount that I can rearrange, I will think about it. I don’t want to starve my wife and live in a crappy home.
M: What about kids?
B: I think a perfect family must consist of parents and kids.
M: Does Myolie like kids?
B: I think she does.

Credits:

-Popularasians for my first reading of the news.
-Myoliewuhangyee.com for the many comments from other fans of BOSCOLIE.
-Lovebosco.net for the images so I could translate the entire thing.
-Hong Kong Oriental Sunday Magazine Issue #607

I will have a detailed analysis tomorrow after prep. It will include why I think it's real and why I think Bosco suddenly blurted out the whole thing...

Labels: ,

Posted by love_of_tvb (BERMO and BOSCOLIE) @ 8/02/2009 01:02:00 AM

Who

Apparently, they love playing games with the reporters. They will answer to anything, except the fact that they are together.

What

It's funny how they keep on lying in denying. It's obvious!

Why

In public, they literally "flirt" with each other, but in real life, only they will know.

SPECIAL POSTS

WONDERFUL MUSIC

WONDERFUL MUSIC


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones